Learn about your roof & what to look out for
WSB Radio - The Home Fix It Show
Preferred Roofing Company
Findlay Roofing is the preferred roofing company of Dave Baker and the Home Fix It Show on WSB Radio. Findlay Roofing is the roofing expert that Dave Baker depends on to deliver the best information to his listeners and to answer questions from listeners live on the radio. Listen to the Home Fix It Show radio program hosted by Dave Baker every Saturday morning from 9 am – Noon on News 95.5 FM and AM 750 WSB.
Very good & honest company. Always showed up on time & completed job as described in contract. Shane-salesman answered all guestions & calls immediately. Felix-installer did great job. Would definitely use again
Customer Service was reminiscent of the old days. They communicated as necessary regarding rain delays. Their workers installed a beautiful, new roof, cleaned up after themselves, and left my roses in the same condition as they were before they arrived.
- Roxanne Kaplan
Tracy Roberts from Findlay roofing came out to give me an estimate and resealed the exposed nail heads (which is most likely causing my leak) free of charge! I appreciate someone who is willing to just be kind and do a simple fix that I am unable to do myself.
- Haley Vitello
They were prompt and did a great job- we had an issue and they sent someone out to correct it asap- very satisfied and would recommend them. Prices are competitive and they have good warranty.
- Joy Hughes
Explore the different
- Caused by growth of airborne algae deposited on roof.
- Unsightly appearance does not affect the service life of the material.
- Common problem in warm, humid climates.
- Algae resistant shingles available regionally.
- Caused by leaks in roof
- Check attic or crawlspace for leaks in deck
- Check chimney and vents for cracks in flashing
- Check rafters for leaks that travel away from original source
- Check roof for damaged shingles
Caused by drying and cracking.
Can usually be repaired without replacing your roof.
- Caused by improper fastening.
- Caused by exposure to high winds.
- Can usually be replaced individually.
- Caused by moisture in shingles
- Caused by excessive use of asphalt plastic cement
Buckling & Curling
Buckling & Curling
- Caused by improperly applied felt (buckling)
- Caused by movement in deck (buckling)
- Caused by undersaturation of felt in organic-based shingles (curling)
- On newly applied shingles, a certain number of loose granules is normal.
- On aging shingles, missing granules indicate need for replacement.
- Caused by absorption of moisture by mat at the core of the shingle.
- Common problem with organic-based shingles.